SRS provides researchers and administrators with the following resources for sponsored research property and equipment:
- Prepares and submits sponsor reports for contractor acquired and government furnished assets on SRS accounts.
- Ensures that sponsor owned assets and agency owned assets are tracked and protected according to sponsor requirements.
- Identifies projects which acquire sponsor owned items and assists system members in updating the asset records to reflect the correct ownership.
- Audits equipment expenses against asset records when interim or annual equipment reports are required.
- Audits equipment expenses against asset records at project closeout if final equipment reports are required.
- Coordinates with TAMUS Risk Management concerning assets that are covered under the scientific equipment policy and assists with providing information on loss or damage claims.
- Inventories, tracks and disposes of assets acquired on SRS Research Foundation accounts.